I've been a little MIA lately... no excuse, except undeniable busy-ness. In an attempt to giving it to you in a nutshell, here goes:
- We totally enjoyed the snow! (see below for what happens to poor old Thomas)
- Jeff finally got his NCLEX scheduled for March 29. I never dreamed one person could have so many things go wrong in trying to get a two-year degree! (Okay, so the night program is 2 1/2 years, but who's counting?) In the meantime, he's doing sixteen weeks of training at Memorial. Tonight he goes back to the night shift, and I can't say he's disappointed about not getting up at 4am to go to work. :)
- Speaking of school... I'm in full-blown basketcase mode. I enjoy being back in the classroom, but juggling school, work and family is a lot harder than I'd dreamed. I don't get much "me time," but I did decide today to throw together a quick scrapbook layout. I've used the design several times now, and I think I will make an entire book out of it - it's quick, easy, and looks pretty nice (even if it was my idea!). :)
- Braeden is, at the ripe old age of almost-seven, burned out on school. It's frustrating to me, because I was the little nerd who absolutely loved school. . . but really, I think they're just pushing too much too soon. He is still doing pretty well - all A's & B's - though I think if he really tried, he'd be a straight-A student.
- Braeden will be seven in a little over a month... I can't fathom where the time has gone. Jeff & I are seriously considering getting him a Wii for his birthday, though in reality it would be for the whole family. I also procured tickets for a fifth visit to see Thomas at the railroad museum later this spring.
- Also coming up... it's time for the annual mother-daughter weekend with Mom. We'll be going to Gatlinburg, renting a condo, and mostly just chilling for the weekend. We're both too tired to get very excited about shopping. lol I'm very much looking forward to the break, and crossing my fingers that the weather warms up considerably in the next two weeks.
I suppose that's all. Jeff will go to work soon and I want to spend some time with him before he goes. Hopefully it won't be two more months before I post again.