Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Every now and then I get in these phases where I can't sleep. Usually I can just take a light dose of an OTC sleeping pill (like Unisom) for about a week and I'm fine.

Not so this time.

I was so tired all day yesterday that I wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed and just stay there. But I was strong! I resisted! Surely if I didn't take a nap I'd sleep well come bedtime. I even took my trusty little blue pill. I yawned all the way to bed last night, laid my head on the pillow, and

ding!

I was wide awake.

I tossed and turned, stared at the clock, counted sheep, recited poetry... nothing helped. Somewhere in the wee hours of the morning I finally drifted into la-la land, but didn't stay there. I still woke up several times after that.

Somehow I stumbled out of the bed and made my way to computer this morning. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open again, kind of like Mr. Bean at church (if you haven't seen that sketch, you simply must. It's hysterical.)


Tonight, I'm taking two pills - at 5pm!

No comments: