Monday, July 6, 2009

It's Independence Day!

My birthday is on July 4th. When I was a kid, I was truly convinced the fireworks were just for me, though I wondered how everyone in the whole country could know it was my birthday. It is by default, I suppose, that I am a patriotic person. I love my country, I salute the stars & stripes, I support our military - I am proud to be American, and I am proud to be free.

And in that spirit of freedom, I have declared my own Independence Day - independence from myself, that is. My weight has gotten me down for far too long. Today I am joining Curves. I've been back on Weight Watchers for a couple of weeks now.

It is time to be free from the one thing that really holds me down. Wish me luck - this road is not an easy one, and it's one that has caused me to stumble more times than I can count. By the grace of God, I believe I can accomplish it. (But I still appreciate all the prayer I can get!)

Let freedom ring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And "woot". Don't forget to let freedom woot! :o)

AUsome mom said...

Congratulations!! Just take hold of it and get 'er done! I'll keep you in my prayers. I have struggled with this issue all my life. I lost down to a size 8 and stayed there for about 3 years and then I found myself inching back up again. Now I am WAY more than a size 8 and still struggling. I can't believe I let myself do this again. I'm talking myself into starting over and you will certainly be an inspiration for me. You go girl! And....Happy Birthday too!!