Saturday, December 20, 2008

Early Christmas

Jeff and I agreed to buy each other one small present for Christmas - partly to save money, and partly because there just wasn't anything we either wanted or needed. My request was for the Charlie Brown Holiday Collection. In fact, I've been asking for the cartoons for at least three years now, so he knew he better get it this time. :) His only request was for a new set of poker chips.

A couple of nights ago, Jeff took Braeden to Wal-Mart and purchased my Christmas present. The first words out of Braeden's mouth were "Mommy, we got you a Christmas present and it's a surprise!" Despite his eagerness, he managed to keep the contents of the present a secret.

Today I went out to buy the poker chips. I made the mistake of taking Braeden with me. I gave him strict instructions not to even mention the present, much less spill the beans. So what does he do?

"Daddy! Mommy got you a Christmas present! It's a poker game!"

Rats! I mean, we knew what we were getting each other, but it would have been nice if he could keep it quiet for at least ten minutes! So we went ahead and traded presents, and Bebo and I are happily watching Linus tell about the meaning of Christmas.

And next year, Braeden will not go shopping with us!

No comments: