Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

You don't have to like the place to you live to be happy to return to your home - especially after a week of sleeping on uncomfortable beds, miles and miles of travel, and food that just ain't your thang. Seriously, every year I think I might just say to heck with Christmas altogether - the travel just makes me insane. Guess I'm a bit too much of a homebody. I was so glad to come home that the first thing I did was take a nap in my own bed - just to say I had slept in my bed again!

Besides the load of gifts that found their way to my humble abode, a new-to-us vehicle is now parked in the driveway. Jeff's dad agreed to sell us his F150. My sweet hubby is thrilled beyond all reason. I would be ecstatic, too, but I am coming just shy of that emotion - mostly because I can't drive a manual transmission. I will learn, though! It has 120,000 miles, but is in fabulous condition, and looks awesome. I have wanted a truck for so long, and it is going to come in handy soon, because...

unless something changes, we will be moving in March!! We've found a nice little rent house. It's smaller than our place, but has a big yard and is a bit off the beaten path. No more crazy people knocking on the door at all hours of the night asking for handouts. Braeden can play outside without me being worried sick that someone would drive through the yard and hit him. Plus it's only 3 year old - no frizzled wiring, stinky mold, or busted-up floors. I am sooo excited!

Now I have to go on a search and destroy mission through ten years of accumulated junk. We'll be having a yard sale probably around mid-February, in case you are interested. ;)

Gotta go now... time to reload the fridge.

No comments: