Friday, May 8, 2009

On a Rainy Day....

I love a good rainstorm. Even with thunder, there is something strangely peaceful and safe about the sound of rain pounding against the windows. It doesn't hurt to know that the roof is leak-proof, either. :)

I apologize for my MIA-ed-ness. I've had my nose buried in the books for the last two weeks in preparation for finals - which, as of yesterday, are over. I also feel the need to brag on myself a bit, because I am going into nursing school with a 4.0 GPA. As I told Jeff, I am such a competitive person, and there was something in me that just needed to know that after ten years out of school, I could still successfully plow my way through a college course.

The reality of it all is starting to sink in now - I registered for nursing classes last night, and now that all of my prereqs are complete, I am finally believing this will actually happen. Funny, because this time last year, the possibility had just barely crossed my mind. I've always been that way, though - I sometimes make Big Decisions on what seems like a whim, but they always seem to be good decisions.

In other news, if the rain lets up by lunchtime, I am heading to Wal-Mart to pick up my new purple Dell laptop! As a requirement for nursing school, I had planned on waiting until Tennessee did their tax-free back-to-school holiday, but my uber-cool Dad surprised me by ordering for me a bit early! Now I have time to get used to it, and load it up. It's a powerful little computer - I wanted something that could double as a work computer and also be able to handle my scrapbooking stuff.

More to come later. I have to see if the power has come back on at work yet so I can resume what I was doing there. Later!

3 comments:

AUsome mom said...

Great to hear everything is A-OK and that your finals are over! Kudos to you for that 4.0! You go girl! Congrats on the new puter too. I just recently updated and I love it! Hugs...

Aimee said...

Yay for you on that 4.0... even though I had no doubt in my mind that you would end up with such grades! I am so excited that you are getting ready for nursing school...can't wait to hear about birth stories one day (assuming you are still planning on the midwife part!)

Purple laptop?! Perfectly cool, I am so jealous... I just want a green one though...lol! <3

Anonymous said...

I'm so stinkin' proud of you. :o)