Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tricycle Motors

You should know that my maternal instinct stays in overdrive. I adore my son - he makes my world go 'round. But dangit, I want more! My love for him is so strong that I want to share it with other children.

I guess it's part of who I am. I think about Nanny, who wanted a big family and never had one. Maybe I got it from her. Or maybe it's just that biological clock that God made a standard feature on the female human. All the talk over the years about having a career, and the best job I can think of is just being a mama.

Honestly, I'd love to fill my house with kids. It wouldn't embarrass me in the least to have to buy a mini-bus to cart my kids around. I'd like at least one more, but I'd take several more. And I still want to adopt, though I may be cooling my jets a little about the international adoption. Maybe I'll get just one from out of the country and adopt the rest from in-state.

Jeff says I watch too much Discovery Health, but I can't resist Birth Day and Adoption Stories and House of Babies. I just love that stuff! It makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

Braeden has recently taken to flipping through his scrapbooks several times a day. I hadn't looked at them in a while, but the pages about his birth bring back so many wonderful memories. I'll never forget the first time I laid eyes on the skinny little troll. (Jeff's words, not mine!) He was perfect, even if he didn't have enough of a rear end to hold up his diaper. I loved him far beyond what I could ever articulate, and I knew the moment I held him that my job was to be a Mother. That was my calling. I knew I wanted more, and my heart began to ache for all those children who would never know the love for their child that I have for Bebo. It's not that I think I'm supermom. I just think every child deserves to be adored.

I'm taking applications for the position, if anyone's interested! :)

No comments: