Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Weight, Pictures & Toys

I had my first weigh-in at Weight Watchers last week. Despite having two birthday parties to deal with, I still managed to lose 5 pounds! Granted, most of that was probably water weight, but it was still a good start. It should be easier this week - I don't have anywhere to go and no special events to attend.

The couple who sat for engagement pictures liked them so much that they asked me to take pictures at their showers and luncheons. (Yes, plural.) That is going to stretch me a bit, but will be good practice. I'm excited to return the favor - when I got married, her family pretty much ran my wedding for me.

Jeff had the day off yesterday, so he played with Braeden all day long. They decided to go fishing, and Bebo was thrilled to get his Finding Nemo fishing pole out. I asked him to pick up his toys before they left, and he informed me, "It's not a toy. It's a fishing pole!" I had to laugh at that one! (He still had to pick up his other toys, though!) I think they must have gone everywhere in the county yesterday, winding up at Grannie & Peepop's, where he of course had to spend the night. I didn't mind - it was nice to have a quiet evening with Jeff. He whupped me at a game of Monopoly, but we still had a good time. I enjoy those rare moments - no TV, no hollering preschooler - just me & the mister, talking & playing board games.

Now I need to go find my new checks. I put them in a Safe Place. Do I need to say that I can't for the life of me figure out where the Safe Place is?

No comments: