Sunday, February 3, 2008

Irony

I realize this is an unremarkable picture, but it strikes such a chord of irony in me. You see, this is my four-year-old son, sitting on a hundred-year-old family stool, helping himself to streaming videos on YouTube. How utterly strange this is to me! It tickles me to no end to see this old stool still being used (and loved) after all these years - and it also amuses me to see my little boy confidently navigating his way around the laptop. When I was his age, I sat on that stool at Nanny & Pa's and sculpted homemade play-do or dabbed in paint-by-numbers. Talk about a generation gap! The whole scene just makes me smile.


2 comments:

Theresa said...

What a great layout that story would make.

Anonymous said...

And he looks sooooooooo thrilled to be having his picture taken (again). ;o)