Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wherefore Art Thou, O Spring?

Guess I'm getting spoiled - spring usually begins in January here is Southeast Tennessee. It would seem that, at least in my little corner of the world, the groundhog was right this year - we've in for a few more weeks of winter. The strange thing is that I love winter. But all we've had is cold and rain, and winter is no fun without snow. I'd rather it just warm up a teeny bit, so Bebo & I can traipse around outside in happy spring silliness.

My personal measure of spring are the daffodils that sit in the flower bed in front of my house. (side note - if they weren't perennials, and didn't grow beautifully without me ever touching them, I wouldn't have flowers. My thumb is completely black.) They have sprouted lovely shoots of green, but still no yellow flowers - not so much as a hint of the blooms. When the daffodils bloom, then I consider spring to have officially arrived.

For right now, I will continue my steady watch, and you will be the first to know when Spring has arrived.

No comments: