Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Doing My Things

Braeden often tells us we should do his "fings" - meaning we should do exactly what he wants to do. Sometimes he'll even say "We're not going to do your fings, Mommy. We can only do my fings."

Ah, the selfish narcicissm of a five-year-old.

Well, Monday I got to do my "fings," after all. Jeff had gone to Indiana, and Braeden went up to Grannie & Peepop's. So I did what any red-blooded American girl would do - I went shopping! I started at a scrapbook store I recently re-discovered. Then I went to Michael's, hoping to take advantage of a 50%-off coupon, but struck out there. I ate dinner at PF Chang's, then moseyed over to the movie theater to catch another viewing of Wall-E, since I arrived too late to see Iron Man.

After the movie, I went to Books-a-Million to browse for Bible class material and some tools to help Bebo learn to write. Oh, and of course I had to have a hazelnut-coconut frappe. Mmmm.....

The ironic part is that in doing my "fings," I wound up thinking about Bebo all night! My purchases at the scrapbook store were of train papers and rub-ons. At BAM, I bought a Wall-E book and a set of handwriting cards for him.

Ah, well. I enjoyed my night out. Maybe I'm weird, but it doesn't bother me in the least to do things by myself like that. Yeah, it would be nice to have someone to hang out with, but I am sadly short of friends who live close enough to go play at the drop of a hat. Besides, it was nice to just get out of the house and drive in total silence for a while. It helps to recharge the batteries, ya know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sister! I often do "solo outings" myself. Sanity deems it necessary.

But still, too bad I couldn't make it with you. P.F. Changs is "our spot" ya know? ;o)