Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cough. Hack. Sneeze. Repeat.

We interrupt this program for an important pity party....

I've been sick since I got home from Christmas vacation - well, actually before that. A week ago I spent one entire day sneezing. That's all I did. Sneeze. And sneeze. And sneeze.

I knew I would pay for it, and boy, was I right. Since Tuesday, I have done nothing but cough. And cough. And cough. I've tried cough drops, cough syrup, expectorants (hoping it would just get it over with), inhalers, etc. Last night, hubby said I should take some Tylenol nighttime cold medicine so I could get some sleep. So I did.

And for two solid hours, I did nothing but cough. I'm talking the hacking, muscle-pulling, pee-yourself-if-you-aren't-careful kind of cough. I drank (yes, drank) some Chloraseptic spray, and finally it quit. By that point, I had a rip-roaring headache, my back muscles were aching, and my nose was running (side effect of all that coughing). Eventually I dozed off, but sleep was fitful at best.

So this morning I'm skipping church. I got up and showered, hoping I would feel better, but it only made me feel worse. As soon as I finish my oatmeal, I am going to read my Bible for a while and then go back to bed.

We now return to regularly scheduled broadcasting.

No comments: