Monday, June 11, 2007

My Obsessive Personality

It's really Kevin's fault. He's a good friend of my husband's. He loaned us Smallville seasons 1 & 2. It took - oh, about half the first episode to get totally and completely hooked. I have a bit of a thing for the whole superhero genre, anyway. The Superman-as-a-kid angle is simply fun. It doesn't hurt that Tom Welling is so stinkin' hot. Be still, my beating heart!

Anyway, so now that I'm reduced to watching reruns while waiting for the start of Season 7 this fall, I've let myself slip into total Smallville stupidity. I'm watching all the old shows again, regularly checking in at the cult websites for rumors & spoilers (Supergirl is going to make an appearance next season), and anxiously awaiting September.

All this is actually symptomatic of my overly obsessive personality. When I get into something, I really get into it. I'm doing the same thing with the Harry Potter books. I read all six books, then the speculations book that Jeff got me for our anniversary, and I am currently halfway through Book 3 again. Yeah, I know - it makes me utterly dorky. But I felt an overwhelming compulsion to scour the books one more time, searching for the elusive clue that might tell me if Sirius is really dead, and who might die. . . well, you get the picture. It seems that I move from one obsession to the next, happily immersing myself in a universe far more exciting than my own. I've done it with books, TV series, video games. . .

Now if I could just channel that same energy into keeping my house clean!

No comments: