Friday, June 22, 2007

On my mind today

I freely admit that my mind wanders a lot, especially when it's quiet at home, with nothing going on, and XM radio playing quietly in the background.

Topics of interest swirling around in my gray matter tonight include:

Jeff sent me flowers the other day. I wonder how long they'll last. More importantly, I wonder how long his niceness will last this time...

My sister is an absolute idiot. I used to think she was smart. I've changed my mind.

I need to get Braeden's new dresser cleaned out and loaded up. Dad brought it a couple of weeks ago, but I still haven't had a chance to put it to use.

I hate VBS. Our VBS sucks. Really. I don't know why we don't just let it die already.

Do I eat the cookie dough ice cream in the fridge or should I take Bebo to Sonic for a treat?

Is it worth a trip to Wal-Mart to buy the 50-cent box of spaghetti that I forgot when I went grocery shopping?

I really can't wait for my birthday. I am so excited about seeing Transformers, but I can't decide what to do about Braeden. He won't sit through the movie, but I don't want him at a babysitter's all day either. Maybe we'll catch a matinee and then get Bebo for the fireworks. I'm looking forward to taking pictures again. Hopefully I can snag a good spot without too much light to watch.

Did Doege read my blog?

I hope the ant traps work in the kitchen. We go through the bug problem every summer. It's a fact of life when you live in an old, uninsulated house - no matter how clean you keep the kitchen. If I absolutely have to, I'll call the exteriminator. I just hate the smell of their spray.

I really like listening to the US Country radio station on XM. It's all the 80s & 90s stuff that I grew up with. It's country before it got obnoxious.

I feel so sorry for my poor dog. We still haven't figured out exactly what happened, but it looks like someone tried to detach his tail from his body. He had a massive gash that went almost completely around the base of his tail. The skin separated nearly two inches. The poor fella got shaved around his butt, so it looks like somebody tried to give him a French poodle haircut and gave up. He's got tons of stitches, and thankfully he hasn't tried to chew them out. I just feel awful for him - he can't get comfortable no matter how he sits, and he's afraid to go outside. I really wish I knew what happened to him. The cut was fairly clean, which makes me think a person was responsible - but Buddy is so territorial that I can't imagine he'd let anyone get close enough to hurt him without chewing the idiot to pieces. Guess I'll never know what caused it.

That's enough randomness for now.

No comments: