Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Pictures & More Braeden-isms

Thought it was time to let you in on my world of conversing with a four-year-old. :)

1. Bebo had to go to the restroom, and I've begun letting him go into the stall by himself at Cracker Barrel. He did his thing, and then yelled, "Mommy! Guess what? I peed and it made bubbles!"

2. After bedtime prayers: "Daddy, you better go to bed now so you don't sleep late tomorrow and mess up my play time."

3. His response to Peepop calling him "turkey buzzard" - "I told you and told you! If you keep saying that, Mommy is going to spank you!"

***************

Easter was not an especially thrilling affair. Oh, it wasn't a bad day; I was just a little disappointed in the church service. But that's another story for another day. Braeden was loaded up on Easter baskets. Mom had sent his - disguised in a Christmas gift bag large enough for my dog - last week. Jeff & I also put one together for him. This turned out to be a source of conflict. I don't like to buy the humongous gift baskets from Wal-Mart. The toys are so cheap that they wind up destroyed. I'd rather buy him something a little nicer that I know will last a while. Jeff wanted the big basket and was irritated with me for insisting we do something else.


At any rate, between us & my parents, Bebo was pretty well loaded up. He got two DVDs, a t-shirt, a stuffed Buzby (from Hermie & Friends), and a little bit of candy - thankfully, nothing that would tempt me. I'm a smart woman - I only bought him candy I didn't like! :)


Now for pictures. They aren't great, but nothing short of a full set of professional lighting is going to get a good shot in my dungeon of a living room.




No comments: