Saturday, June 7, 2008

Eye Updates

I had an appointment to see the optometrist today, even though my vision had returned to normal. He couldn't find anything wrong, and speculated that it might have been a fluke. However, he suggested I have a complete physical (something I haven't done in years, if ever), and especially check my blood sugar levels. So I guess I'll be making another appointment on Monday.

I'm relieved to know that he couldn't see a thing wrong with my eyes. I probably overreacted, but I have always said that my sight is the one sense I really don't want to lose. I am just too visually oriented, ya know?

Tomorrow we start doing the 24-hour urine collection for Bebo. (Sorry, I know that's kinda gross.) This means I'll have to keep a very close eye on him - because we're supposed to collect everything, and it will probably drive us all insane in the process.

Final update - Grandma's funeral will be Monday. I will not be going, I'm afraid. I am glad this world's journey is over for her. She lived a long life, and now she doesn't have to worry about arthritis or bad knees or anything else. I'm glad we got to see her last summer, and that she got to see her great-grandkids.

PSA, folks - please don't forget to tell your story. My grandparents are all gone now, and I would dearly love to sit down with them all and hear their stories - about their military service, their homes, their dreams, their lives - all of it. It doesn't matter how you choose to go about it, but for the sake of your children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren, find a way to leave behind your story. You may think it's the most boring thing in the world, but somebody will appreciate it for the gem it is.

Just think about it.

No comments: