Monday, June 23, 2008

Recent Braeden-isms

In case you needed a chuckle...

- He came into the computer room with a can of Spaghetti-Os. "Mommy, children like Pasgettios!"

- When we go for fast food, he calls the drive-thru the "around" and the inside the "park it." Jeff was horsing around with Bebo, wrapped him up in a big bear hug, and said, "Bebo, you make the world go 'round." "Uh-uh, Daddy. I want the world to go park it!"

- He brought me a granola bar. It was close to supper, and he knew I would probably say no. I told him we would be eating soon, and he said, "No, Mommy, this one's for you." Then with a sneaky grin, he pulls a second granola bar from behind his back and says, "this one's for me!"

- Sometimes Peepop sits in the foyer during church to monitor the front of the building. Braeden likes to go with him, because he doesn't have to sit still during the sermon. After one of these evenings, he told me, "Mommy, I only had time for Peepop tonight. I don't have time to sit with you."

- I told him to pick up his toys, and he didn’t want to.
“Mommy, God doesn’t like you.”
“Braeden, God loves everyone. He also says that he wants children to obey their parents. So pick up your toys.”
“Mommy, God isn’t here!” (obviously thinking that if God wasn't watching, he didn't have to pick up his mess!)

- He was dressed in a black hoodie (hood pulled up) and black sweats. Jeff was about to take him to the store. I asked if he was going incognito, and he said, "No, Mommy, I'm going to Wal-Mart!"

No comments: