Thursday, June 5, 2008

Prayers, please

For two things:

First, my only living grandparent is very ill. Doctors have given her "15 minutes to 72 hours." She's been bedridden for a while, and is lonely and tired. I know she's ready to move on to greater things. Please pray that her remaining time is peaceful and that she can be surrounded by those she loves.

Second, we took Braeden in for his school physical earlier this week. They found a small amount of protein in his urine, and requested that we do a second analysis when he first wakes up to double-check. The second round has come back with the same results. Now we have to collect all the urine for a 24-hour period. At this point, we don't know what it means, though it likely indicates some sort of kidney problem. Please pray that we find out the answer quickly, and that it can be easily healed. I'm not worried yet - not until I know have cause to really worry. His boundless energy belies any physical problems.

Thank you!

2 comments:

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

My positive thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
Please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

What a crummy couple of days you've had! I will certainly pray for you and yours.

And I'm very knowledgeable about kidney problems (especially as they pertain to our little ones), so if you need someone to talk to, you know where I am. *HUGS!*