Tuesday, December 5, 2006

The Rest of the Hundred Things

51. Snow makes me happy. What a joy it is to watch the tiny puzzles of frozen water dance on the wind!
52. I never drive the speed limit. I always add 5 to the number on the sign.
53. The only time my house is neat is when I’m expecting company. I have more important things to do than boring (and time-consuming) old housework!
54. I enjoy singing, but I don’t do it well. Years of marching band took their toll on my hearing, and consequently I have trouble staying in tune.
55. Because I’ve got roughly 50% hearing in my right ear, I sleep on my right side. With my good ear mashed into a pillow and the bad one to the world, it’s amazing how much sound I don’t hear.
56. My hands are huge – every bit as large at my dad’s and my hubby’s. I can’t wear those cute bangle bracelets, but I can spread over an octave on the piano!
57. At the moment, I work for a company that refurbishes old drink machines. It’s a unique company, with only one or two competitors in the country.
58. I have traveled to Scotland and London. (And Amsterdam, if you count a layover in the airport.)
59. Places I want to go before I die: Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Egypt, Anarctica, China, Russia, Spain.
60. Places in the US I want to visit: Maine, the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, Montana, the Redwood Forest, Disneyland, the Vegas strip, the Space Needle.
61. My favorite artist is Vincent Van Gogh
62. I love Star Wars, but my husband is a true aficionado. He knows everything – even down to the names and engines of all the aircraft.
63. I have never broken a bone – just chipped a tooth.
64. Someone once asked me if I taped my ears to my head at night, because they do not stick out in the least.
65. When I was fitted for teeth whitening molds, they had to use a child-size mold because my mouth is so small.
66. If I don’t talk to my Mom on the phone at least once within a 24 hour period, she panics and calls to make sure I am okay.
67. I love spiced chai tea and Starbucks caramel Frappuccinos.
68. I am an extremely sentimental person.
69. The very first time I saw my husband, the old song “Today I Met the Boy I’m Going to Marry” popped into my head. No joke.
70. When I was in college, my roommate and I decided to crawl around the catwalks of the Admin Auditorium. We were a little bumfuzzled when someone turned the lights out and all we had for light was a tiny Indiglo watch.
71. My eyesight is horrendous. I am blind as a bat without contacts or glasses.
72. I am a staunch patriot. I love my country, and am very proud to be an American.
73. I have more than a little bit of hillbilly in my blood.
74. Divergent from my scrapbooking hobby is my love of altering things – any thing. I’ve done journals, paint cans, boxes, Pringles cans…..
75. Hubby and I like to play Scrabble. We both like thinking we’re more verbose and smarter than the other, but the score is really about 50/50.
76. There is a digital Nikon that is calling my name, but I don’t have the $800 to answer it just yet.
77. I make my own Christmas cards.
78. My favorite shoes are the fuzzy red slippers that still turn my socks pink after two years of wear.
79. I have nine nieces and nephews.
80. At the age of ten, I was baptized.
81. Sometimes I struggle to meet with God, even though I know He wants me to be there.
82. My favorite verse in the Old Testament is Jeremiah 29:11 – “’For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future.’”
83. My favorite verse in the New Testament is Romans 12:1-2 – “Therefore I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing, and perfect will.”
84. I like change. I get bored quickly with nearly everything – exercise, domiciles, music, even some people.
85. I regret not going to Florence when I had the chance.
86. My daddy’s my hero. He is the most giving man I have ever known.
87. I am unreasonably addicted to Free Cell. I just can’t quit playing it.
88. I don’t gamble because I know I couldn’t stop once I started.
89. My future is a complete blank for me. It’s a black hole, an empty box, a Big Fat Unknown. So many questions without answers. Frustrating, really.
90. I really hope that I can eventually talk hubby into moving back to Indiana.
91. As much as humanly possible, I make the gifts I give at Christmas.
92. My mom’s grandmother was the same age as my Dad’s mother.
93. Nothing on this big sphere frightens me more than tornadoes. I lived in Tornado Alley for too many years and saw far too many horrors. I only have to hear the words “tornado watch” for my mind to shut down in terrified convulsions.
94. I really love to cook – I’m sorta like Rachael Ray in the kitchen. Stuff just gets thrown in without ever seeing a measuring cup.
95. The best present hubby ever gave me was a day at the spa – manicure, pedicure, massage, wax treatment, and hair conditioning.
96. My Nanny died when I was 16, and I still miss her. I would have given anything for her to have seen my son.
97. I can’t stand plain white walls.
98. I wish I could go back to about 14 years old and do everything over again. There’s so much I’d change.
99. I’m not afraid of turning 30.
100. I hope that I can live up to all the plans the Lord has for me.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

OMG! I have so forgotten about the catwalk! That was crazy...I would do it again in a heartbeat too!

Man, all the fun we used to have with no money... life was great.

I will never forget the Saturday we did nothing but walk Searcy, jumping through puddles, and somehow ending up at Shoney's for that yummy hot fudge brownie sundae! It felt like that day would never end even though we had a blast doing nada.