Friday, December 15, 2006

The Trouble with To-Do Lists

When circumstances push me to the point of making to-do lists, you know things have gotten bad. My usual modus de operandi is to skip happily through life, all the while praying under my breath that I remember to do everything I need to do.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that I usually manage to forget the most important stuff.

There are times, however, when I simply don't have a choice, and the Dreaded List becomes a necessity. Actually, it feels good to put to paper the tasks I need to accomplish. I get a small sense of peace in having a plan. (Never mind that the "plan" rarely works out as. . . well, planned.)

So, in the spirit of peace of mind (hey, isn't Christmas about peace on earth anyway?) and the dreaded-but-useful To-Do List, I shall post for you what simply must be completed in the next 8 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes, and 37 seconds.

1. Finish recipe books for SILs
2. Attempt the craft for Mom, MIL, and G-MIL.
3. Buy gifts for the men in my family (I hate that part!)
4. Wrap gifts for 20+ people
5. Finish Christmas cards
6. Mail aforementioned cards
7. Mail Grandma's handmade journal
8. Plan out baking schedule for next week
9. Go grocery shopping for all the necessary ingredients
10. Do the actual baking and candy-making
11. Figure out what in the world I'm going to do for "adopted" grandparents
12. Clean entire house
13. Clear out trunk and wash car
14. Get an oil change in said car
15. Laundry
16. Pack for myself and DS
17. Gather scrapbook pages into one album to exhibit
18. Buy No-Doze

No comments: