Friday, August 22, 2008

Mentally Fried, Dead Toy

It's been an unbelievably tough week. I've worked looooong hours, and my brain is absolutely finished. I don't even have creative juice at this point, which stinks. I think tomorrow I am going to take Braeden to Chattanooga. It will be good to get out of the house for a while. Besides, we have an important purchase to make.

Remember the hoopla at my house about Wall-E? Well, the little Wall-E toy was so deeply loved, just as any child loves that most special toy, that - eh - well, he lost his head. Literally. It was played with so much that the thin plastic neck just gave up. There was no way for me to fix it. Bebo knew he had to throw it away, but the poor little guy just stood over the trash can, staring at the now-headless Wall-E. It brought back memories - me, about that age, standing over the trash can, staring at a stuffed pink cat that had been re-sewn so many times there was nothing left to mend.

So I naturally promised to get him a new Wall-E. He loved that toy so much; how could I refuse? I think we'll swing by the bookstore, too. I have an itching to pick up some of those cheapie classic novels. You know - Jane Austen and the likes - you can always find a $5 novel in some of those inexpensive lines of books. And we might hit the scrapbook store, too, just for the heck of it.

Sometime tomorrow my online courses will open, so I expect to spend some time in the evening perusing the workload for the next few weeks.

Oh, and I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Weight Watchers online. Again. I have come to realize that I simply can't do it by myself.

And... well, that's all, folks.

No comments: