Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You'd Better Duck - I'm Gonna Start Shooting!

I am so incredibly infuriated with Chattanooga State's financial aid office!!! They won't answer the phone, they won't answer emails, and they won't even post an update! Jeff heard last night that they were telling students it would be mid-September before they issued refund checks.

Hello! By then most of us will have had at least one test, and several assignments! We wouldn't have taken out aid if we didn't need it. I know they have the money, so what in the world is taking so long to process it?

So yeah. I'm peeved in the worst sort of way. I am going to be able to scrouge by with Psych & Nutrition, because I was able to find the first few chapters online for free. I ordered the A&P book (thanks to Mom) today, and hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

It's highly irritating. I was on the phone the second the office opened up this morning, and I got the same routine -

Please hold. We are experiencing high call volume at this time.
There is no one available to take your call. Please hold to leave a message.
This is CTSCC. Please leave a message.
This mailbox is not taking messages because it is full. Please hold to talk to someone in the financial aid office.
Please hold. We are experiencing high call volume at this time.

This was at 7:30 am - no way were the lines backed up that fast! They're just putting everyone on hold and refusing to answer the flippin' phone!

So, yeah, I'm on the warpath. The least they could do is update the website or their phone messages.

Now that I've got that out of my system, I'm off to make chili. It sounds yummy on a wet, rainy, unseasonably cool day.

No comments: