Monday, October 6, 2008

Anatomically Correct

It's Monday... I survived the Week from Hades (year-end inventory + 2 tests). I even had a fairly relaxing weekend. My friend Elle & I hung out in Huntsville Saturday, and yesterday I even got a nap!

There's someone I'd like you to meet. This is Herman:


Herman arrived in my A&P lab kit, along with a brain and an eyeball. (I will be nice and not show those to you.) We've been working on the skeletal system this week, so I've had Herman fully assembled on my desk for a few days now. Braeden is fascinated by this 3-foot tall skeleton. He likes to point to parts and ask what they are. One day he pointed to the pubic bone, and said, "Dat's where the weiner is."

Not wanting to overdo it, but at the same time to give him at least a hint of an anatomy lesson, I replied, "You're right. That's where the boy's weiner is."

To which he responded with all the tone of a anatomical expert, "Yeah. Girls don't have weiners. They just have butts."

I'll leave you with a digi page of Braeden. Have a good week!

No comments: