Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of the First Grade

First grade was so much easier than kindergarten - at least for me! I don't think Bebo noticed the difference. I didn't think we'd ever get him to sleep Sunday night. He was in bed at 8:30, but didn't doze off until after 11 - and I spent all day doing my best to totally exhaust him. Three days in, he's sleeping a little better, thank goodness.

Naturally, he was a little slow waking up. One of the nice things about Jeff working night shift is that he can go with me to school stuff for Bebo. Once we got him ready for school, he was raring to go. I did the obligatory first day pictures (for which he was completely uncooperative), and we loaded up the truck and headed off.

He was such a little pro! :) He waltzed right into the school, stopping to brag about his new "packpack" to the principal, then marching straight to his classroom (but his backpack was so heavy he was slowing down by the time we got to the other end of the school). We were the first ones there, and he couldn't wait pull out his supplies for his teacher.

He's six, and he's a boy, which means that details are not exactly his Thing. So I had to pry out every little tidbit of info about his first day. He said they wrote a little, and colored a page. He was tickled to play with his kindergarten buddies at recess, and he enjoyed pizza in the cafeteria. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine as to how his day went!

1 comment:

AUsome mom said...

The principal is Mr. Bible? How funny is that? Bebo looks so cute for his first day. I hope he has a great year.