Thursday, August 6, 2009

I have a new brother & sister!!

I have not said a great deal about this, but for the last two years, my parents have had custody of my sister's two youngest kids. She has made a lot of bad decisions and could not / would not take care of her children. (The oldest lives with his dad, her ex-husband.) Mom & Dad recently decided that it was time to pursue adoption, and on Monday they went to the lawyer to begin the process... and in a mind-numbing twist, my sister & her husband just gave up and signed the kids over for adoption. Today they took the papers to the judge, and by 8am, I had a new brother and sister!

WOOT! God is so good! It's been hard to be patient, as this has dragged on for more than two years, but His timing is perfect, and when it finally came together, it happened faster than any of us expected. I feel pity for my sister, and I can only pray that maybe this is what is needed to wake her up.

For now, though - I am praising God for his blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't believe, after everything, they just gave them up. Wow. Did I already say that? Wow.

AUsome mom said...

Oh, this is great news!! I will pray for your sister. But for those children, what a blessing. I hope your parents are up to the task. I will pray for them too :)