Monday, April 7, 2008

I had a dream...

A rather realistic one, in fact. I woke up at 5am needing to potty, and in the hour before I had to be up and ready for work, I dreamt that a tornado was coming for my house. I had little warning, and in a panic I ran for the bedroom. I decided the safest place was under the bed Dad made for me. We have always joked that it was so heavy a tornado couldn't budge it. :) As I got into the doorway, I could see the twister in the window. It was slender and red, which was very strange. I felt like I was running through peanut butter - my brain was telling my body to hurry and my body wasn't getting the message. Somehow I got under the bed just as the tornado struck. It came right through the middle of my house, reducing my kitchen and living room to rubble. I was distraught because I lost all of my scrapbooks. Jeff came home from work and the only thing he could say was "why didn't you try to save the brand-new computer?"

My college roommate got her hands on a goofy dream interpretation program one time. We got a kick out of entering random elements - almost every "interpretation" had to do with sex or sexuality in some form or another. It was highly entertaining.

Except for the part about Jeff being a hiney (I know from experience he'd be panicking if I was actually in a tornado) and the tornado being blood-red it was unnervingly real. So for fun, I decided to analyze the elements of my dream, sans computer program. Here are the results, from www.dreaminterpretationsguide.com:

Tornado - If you dream that you are in a tornado, you will be filled with disappointment and perplexity over the miscarriage of studied plans for swift attainment of fortune.

Red - To dream of the sky, signifies distinguished honors and interesting travel with cultured companions, if the sky is clear. Otherwise, it portends blasted expectations, and trouble with women.

And since I couldn't match any of the other elements, I guess I'll have to leave it at that. Looksl ike I can expect to be seriously disappointed in the near future, and have trouble with women.

*sigh* Perhaps I should've left well enough alone!

No comments: