Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More Miscellany

Ugh. I hate being sick. The drastic change in weather in the last week has left me snorting, sniffling, coughing, and aching. I think the allergy attack spawned by the 30-degree drop in temperature has morphed into a full-blown sinus infection and goodness knows what else. Last night I felt like crap. I actually was in bed at 10pm, which is sooo early for me. Today I'm chilled and generally feeling icky.

*sigh*

Still haven't got the blasted computers networked. I can get internet access to them, but the networking is not cooperating. It's probably the difference between XP & Vista, but I am too tired to think clearly enough to deal with it. I did manage a work-around to get the necessary files moved from one computer to the other. Now I can at least do my digital scrapping again. Yay!

Incidentally, I have to thank Jeff for something. He insisted on a huge monitor - 22 inches - and I thought he was out of his mind. No way we could possibly need such a large monitor, I thought.

I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

I cannot tell you how nice it is to have this monster moniter for digital scrapping! Especially when I'm doing a 2-page spread - I can actually see the whole thing without having to constantly zoom in on one spot, then scroll over, then zoom out, then scroll some more. . . you get the idea. It's also quite nice for working in large spreadsheets (yes, I am an Excel fanatic). Plus, having the larger monitor has greatly reduced the eyestrain I was experiencing. It's not that the type onscreen is any larger. I guess it's just a better quality monitor overall, and my eyes have quit hurting. I can't tell you how much of a relief that is. Seriously, I was afraid I was about to need bifocals!

In other not-so-interesting news, I am not having a good Weight Watchers week. In fact, I'm feeling terribly discouraged about the whole process. (More to come on my WW blog.) Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. Worse - I lost my ENTIRE recipe folder in all the computer hoopla! I had literally hundreds of pages of recipes, and poof! - they are all gone. I just want to cry. Included in the MIA files was the recipe book I put together a couple of years ago, and my tried/untried list. So now I'm back to the drawing board. Maybe it's for the good. I probably need to reformat the recipes, anyway.

And on that note, this is long enough and I am bored with blogging for the moment. Off to find some DayQuil. . .

No comments: