Saturday, January 13, 2007

Frustrated and Inadequate

Grrrrrr......

I had been looking forward to Friday night all week. After going through pictures, I had plenty of pages to scrapbook and I was really psyched about it. I had all these ideas of how I wanted the pages to come together. So I sat down last night with my toys, and. . .

Nothing.

Nothing worked. Nothing looked good. Nothing matched. Nothing was even remotely acceptable.

I hate it when that happens! I hate to be in the mood to create and then totally unable to do it.

*sigh*

I am one of these people who is okay at a lot of things but not really great at anything. I want to excel in this. I'd give anything to get a page published in one of the magazines. As much as I enjoy being up to my eyeballs in glue, paper, and chipboard, sometimes it just plain gets the best of me. I guess I need to just chill and remember that I'm doing this for myself and for my family. It's just that the highly competitive side of me rears its ugly head at inopportune times and leaves me feeling thoroughly inadequate.

It's a nice cloudy day, so I think I'll take Bebo out and play with my camera some more. Maybe that wil help.

No comments: