Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Girl and Her Toys

Who says guys are the only ones who play with expensive toys? I have found the camera of my dreams - a Nikon D80 - digital, 10.2 megapixels, and more bells and whistles than I can count. And it's only $1200!

Here's where it gets tough... we'll have a good tax return this year. I could use it and buy the camera and a few accessories, or I could do the responsible thing and pay bills. I want this camera! I'm getting better all the time, but I know that if I had a digital, I could practice to my heart's content and eventually would recoup the cost of the camera in the film I wouldn't be purchasing and developing. I have this little dream stuck in the recesses of my brain of someday owning my own studio. I love looking at the world through a camera lens, and while I don't expect to be the next Ansel Adams or Anne Geddes, I still believe I have potential to be pretty good - but I have to have the right tools first.

So here's to saving money for a Nikon and hoping the income tax return will be enough to buy it and pay a few bills!

No comments: