Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Best news!

So this week has taken a bit of an upturn in the last day or two. Jeff had a rather pleasant surprise last night (don't want to go into details, but it was definitely a good thing).

Bebo has been snorting, snotting, hacking and coughing for days now. I've been chalking it up to allergies, because I was a lot the same way when I was his age. But Jeff insisted we keep him home from school yesterday, so they made a little trip to the walk-in clinic. Bebo has a sinus + chest infection. Apparently it's a heavy-duty one, too. We're doping him up on some tough antibiotics, and hopefully will get it resolved for him. I know that doesn't sound like good news, but I'm actually relieved that the doc didn't just send us home with an OTC RX for cough syrup. At least this way we can get it fixed. Besides, he's not feeling too awfully bad, and he's not contagious. He just coughs a lot.

And... what really makes me happy.... I was up at midnight to register for next semester's classes, and both were marked as closed. I panicked - couldn't believe they had filled up that fast. But I just got an email from my A&P teacher, and she's holding A&P2 open for those of us in the online A&P1 session to have first dibs at a spot. I am thrilled. Now if I can just get the biology department to open up another slot for Microbiology, I'll be in good shape.

In related news, last night I hauled my rear over to CSTCC for an information meeting about the nursing program. I didn't really learn anything new, but I do feel better about my chances to get in the program. In fact, unless there are 40 applicants with perfect records, I think my spot is solid. I'm a little short in a couple of areas, but I should more than make up for it in others. I'm going to send off my application before the week is out, and there will be one less thing to worry about.

I can't believe this is all falling into place so neatly. Kinda scares me!

No comments: