Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Braeden-isms

Oh, the things a kindergartener learns!!!

I picked him up from school yesterday and made a stop at the bank. He was begging for a sucker, and I told him he could have one only if the clerk offered. She didn't. I thought the ensuing meltdown would distinegrate the floor and everything around us. I told him he could have a piece of Halloween candy when we got home. He chilled, and picked out a pack of Skittles as soon as we walked in the door.

A few minutes later, he appears with a pack of Reese's Pieces. "Please open these, Mommy."

"Nope. I said you could have one piece. That's enough for now."

"Pleeeeaaasssseeeee!"

"No."

"I'll be your best friend!"

"No."

"I don't like you anymore."

"I thought you were going to be my best friend!"

"Not now. You told me no!"


And so it goes...

Later in the evening, the dog ate Braeden's supper - the last can of Spaghettios. (Now before you start fussing, I have the pickiest kid in the universe, and I will give him almost anything if he will just eat something.) That meltdown was worse than the first one, except this time I actually felt bad for him. When he calmed down, I heard him yelling at the dog. I told him to chill out, and he said, "Mommy, Buddy is a bad dog. He disobeyed the rules. He disobeyed Jesus and God."

I couldn't quite hold back the chuckle that escaped over that one. :)

No comments: