Monday, November 24, 2008

Ka-BOOM!

Did you hear that?

Yeah. It was my brain exploding. Too much data. I overwhelmed it, and it crashed. . . and burned.

Ohhhhhhhh, I am so tired! I feel like I'm in an absurd race against time to cram as much information as possible into my little pea-brain over the next two weeks. I've been doing well this semester, but the finals are comprehensive, and that means a whole lot of review has to happen. I took off Wednesday so I could get at least two tests out of the way. When I get back, then I have to worry about finals. I'm going to make arrangements today to get proctors for nutrition and A&P.

I know now that my hopes for a quiet, restful Thanksgiving were merely pipe dreams. I'll be toting along the full backpack of textbooks and notebooks, and hoping to squeeze in study time between the turkey feast and Black Friday shopping. (Hey, a girl's gotta have her priorites!)

But you know, for all my complaining, whining, and general fussing, I have actually enjoyed all the insanity. It is so satisfying to be learning again - I guess I'll always be a student at heart, if not in name. And besides that, I'm feeling pretty confident in my ability to snag a spot in the program next fall. I'm excited about the shopping process - I'll have to buy everything from a laptop to a stethoscope.

For now, though, I have to get back to work. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a couple of weeks - there is much to do!!

No comments: