Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Hurt.

My feet, my legs... everything just... hurts.

Thursday I went shopping at Chattanooga's YMCA Christmas fair. Concrete floors, 3 hours. Friday I went grocery shopping and did some housework. Hard floors, 3 hours. Today I cooked. Kitchen floor, 4 hours.

Because of the heel spurs, I wind up favoring my feet and standing/walking in positions that are somewhat unnatural. This makes my legs and back hurt. Ugh.

On a more positive note, I did some fun shopping on Thursday and spent time with a friend (rare for me). Last night and this morning went relatively well, and even though it took a while, I have six delicious meals for this week - all WW Core, incidentally. Well, mostly Core. Close enough. It'll take a bit to get it all posted on the recipe blog, but you can look for it by the end of the day tomorrow.

This economy is rough. Inflation is driving up the price of everything (gas being the notable exception). I used to be able to cook good stuff for an entire week on $75. Now I can't get out of Wal-Mart for less than $125, no matter how carefully I plan the menus.

So the vegetarian thing is seeming more like a good idea... but it's going to take me a while to rebuild my recipe arsenal. So I've decided to ease into it a little at a time. That way I don't get burned out on the same dozen recipes over and over. Plus, as I learned last week, sometimes a substitution that seems like it would work can actually destroy a recipe. Gotta work on my technique a bit before I rush headlong into the world of vegetarians.

And on that note - after four hours of cooking, I smell like an odd mixture of crab, onion, chilies, squash, chicken, and roast. Think I'll take a shower now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of (almost) vegetarianism. :o)